ALL OUR VOLUNTEER VACANCIES will be based from the mec in wythenshawe, manchester and INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Training in the business or area you’re assigned to (if applicable)
Lunch & travel expenses (if applicable)
Uniform (if applicable)
Invitation to Message team prayers at 9am each day
Real work experience with the option of a reference for a future career
Offering encouragement and support working alongside our team members on the apprentice programme
Careers assistance with our pool of partnered business
One to one induction, support and regular catch up with your manager
ROLE: FRONT OF HOUSE ASSISTANT
Business: The Mess Cafe
Key Tasks include: Using the till, serving customers, clearing tables, operating the barista machine, serving at occasional functions, cleaning pots and supporting the Mess Cafe team.
- Minimum commitment: 1 lunch time per month
- Business Opening Hours: Mon – Fri 8am – 5:00pm
- Skills Required: None
- Desirable skills: Barista trained, restaurant experience & bar trained.
ROLE: ASSISTANT CHEF
Business: The Mess Cafe & Message Catering
Key Tasks include: Preparing meals from The Mess menu, supporting our full time chefs for catered functions, cleaning the kitchen, cleaning pots and serving customers.
- Minimum commitment: 1 lunch time per month.
- Business Opening Hours: Mess Cafe Mon – Fri 8am – 5:00pm
Message Catering: Evenings & weekends
- Skills Required: Chef experience and/or qualifications
- Desirable skills: Driving license.
ROLE: BUILDING TEAM ASSISTANCE
Business: MEC Building Team
Key Tasks include: Driving to sites, collecting materials, laboring, decorating, plastering, bricklaying, joinery, landscaping, gardening cover and/or supporting the Building Team.
- Minimum commitment: a morning or afternoon per month
- Business Opening Hours: Mon – Fri 8am – 4:30pm
- Skills/Experience Required: Any of the trades listed above.
- Desirable skills: Driving license, quoting jobs and project management.
ROLE: EVENTS SUPPORT
- Minimum commitment: one event every other month.
- Business Opening Hours: Any evening or weekend exc. Sundays
- Skills/Experience Required: None
- Desirable skills: Restaurant, bar and event experience under any capacity.
ROLE: SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT
Business: The MEC
Key Tasks include: Coordinating posts, photographing each business, managing the Instagram & Facebook pages for each business and the charity and building the following on each page.
- Minimum commitment: Taking ownership of one of our 8 accounts.
- Business Opening Hours: Can be operated anywhere with internet connection
- Skills/Experience Required: A passion for social media & photography
- Desirable skills: Professional marketing experience.
Key Tasks include: Mentoring, training, coaching and listening to either our team members or business managers.
- Minimum commitment: one hour per month.
- Business Opening Hours: N/A
- Skills/Experience Required: A Christian faith and well experienced in counselling challenging individuals when mentoring team members. Extensive business experience in the relevant industry for mentoring with our business managers
- Desirable skills: Catering, beauty, building or events manager; professional counselor.
Business: The MEC
Key Tasks include: Working with the MEC office to process much of the admin involved in running the charity.
- Minimum commitment: one day per week.
- Business Opening Hours: 9am – 5pm
- Skills/Experience Required: Competent with computers and basic Microsoft packages
- Desirable skills: Administration experience.